How to add embed a video from YouTube to PowerPoint Slide?
In fact, adding a YouTube video into a PowerPoint presentation is not difficult. By adding the YouTube video, you can make your PowerPoint presentation much more entertaining and informative to its viewers. Below are some simple steps to embed a YouTube video for online viewing of your PowerPoint presentation.
Embedding YouTube Videos Into PowerPoint Presentations:
YouTube video is encoded in FLV format, while PowerPoint just accepts Mpeg, AVI, MOV and WMV videos. So we have to convert the FLV format to PowerPoint compatible video formats.
Step 1. Download online YouTube video
The tool for converting YouTube video you can use is YouTube Video Converter(Windows, Mac). YouTube Video Converter tool can help you download the YouTube video and convert it to some other formats. When you open a YouTube video page, a hover "Download" button will appear on the video as soon as the video is loading. Simply click the Download button to get the video to the download list. Or you can go ahead to the "Downloads">"Enter a URL" , then copy and paste the URL to the box and click "OK".
Step 2. Convert YouTube video to PPT can accepting
After the video download you can see your video in the left "categories". Click "play" to view the downloaded video. Now another thing we can do is converting our FLV video to the PowerPoint compatible video. Click "Convert" and choose a proper format llike . AVI or WMV.
Save the converted file to you computer, now you can embed YouTube video to PowerPoint presentation!
Step 3. Insert YouTube video to PowerPoint
- Open up PowerPoint and choose a slide that is appropriate for your presentation.
- Click on View»Toolbars» Control Toolbox»More Controls. Scroll down to "Shockwave Flash Object."
- Draw a box the size you want. Right click on the box and choose "Properties." Double click on "Custom."
- Copy the URL that you used on your YouTube video (located in the box, not the address line) and paste it in the URL box under "Custom." You'll need to make a few changes to your URL to make it work.
- Delete the "watch?" and replace the equal sign with a forward slash. Make sure the "embed movie" box is unchecked. Click "Apply" and "OK."
- Save your presentation to where you want it. Then open it and check to make sure the video is working properly.