Maybe you have a Xbox 360 connect to your LCD TV Set. And you have tons of videos on your PC that you would like everyone to see. Instead of making a CD out of it, streaming these videos to Xbox 360 from PC is more conveniently. I had tried to find some solution. But I need some simple steps to do this. What are the different ways by which I can stream the audio and video file from my computer to Xbox 360 and view them on the TV
Let’s learn how to stream video to Xbox 360 from PC?
1. Open Microsoft Media Center or Microsoft Media Player on your PC. If you don’t have either of these, download from Microsoft.com.
2. Turn on your Xbox 360 and also run Windows Media Player, you may or may not have items in your library depending on where you store your movies and music. Don’t worry about this for now.
3. Go to "File” » "Tools” » "Options…”
4. Under options click on the "Library” tab and then on the "Configure Sharing" button.
5. Click on the "Configure Sharing" button and make sure your Xbox 360 is turned on. You should now see it in the list box. Click the "Share my media" button to enable sharing.
6. Now click on the Xbox 360 icon in the list box and click the Allow button. As you can see, my Xbox has already been allowed to access media on this PC. I have two icons because my original one broke and Microsoft sent me another one (that’s a different story!).
Once you click Allow, the green check icon will appear over the icon.
7. Now click on the "Customize" button to configure what you want to share with the Xbox. You can choose to share music, pictures, and video, the ratings, etc. It’s best to just choose "Use default settings".
8. Now click OK and then click OK again to go back to the original Options dialog box. Now click on Monitor Folders to setup which folders you want to show up on the Xbox 360.
9. You can either select My personal folders, which will automatically choose the My Documents folder, plus some other system folders. I chose the other option so that I could manually choose which folders to monitor. Just click Add or Remove to pick your folders that have video, audio, or pictures. Click OK and then click OK on the main Options dialog. Now you are done with configuring Windows Media Player.
10. On your Xbox, click on the green Xbox button in the center of the controller.
11. Now go to the Media tab and choose Music, Pictures, or Videos.
12. The Xbox should automatically detect the Windows Media Player share on your computer and it will show the name of your computer.
13. Choose your computer name and now you will be able to browse through your media folders just as you would on your PC! That’s it! Now you can download videos from the Internet and watch them on your TV using your Xbox. Enjoy!
If you have video files on your PC that Xbox 360 does not support, you should first convert video to Xbox using a Total Video Converter, then stream them to your Xbox 360 and enjoy them on your TV!