Would you like to watch YouTube video on PSP? As PSP's web browser only support the older version of flash while YouTube uses flash 9. If you want to watch YouTube on PSP directly with the wifi, you must upgrade to the newest firmware and install a flash player on your PSP. A Japanese developer NekoMiMi has achieved just that with PSPTube. Here are the steps:
How to Directly watch YouTube video on PSP with WiFi:
- Download the PSPTube and open the zip file from http://www.PSP-hacks.com/file/1225 and open the zip file.
- Now before putting it in your PSP open the PSPTube.cfg file and press ctrl + F, and type in "DEV" press until you find Dev id="".
- Ok now go to http://www.youtube.com/ create an account and insert the account in between the parentheses.
- Extract the PSPTube from the 200over folder and put it in GAME352 folder (Set the Kernel to the 352) Now open it in the PSP and Choose an internet connection with the Circle button, it may say no videos, press circle and you'll be able to search.
Here is the control info:
X: Cancel; O: Accept; L/R: Last/Next Page; Start: Pause;
Select: Change aspect ratio (Original Size, Full screen)
Watch YouTube video by downloading & converting YouTube to PSP?
- Download YouTube to PSP Video Converter
- The downloaded YouTube video is in FLV format, and now WebM video is supported. You must convert to MP4 for PSP using a PSP Video Converter. Download this program to convert FLV to MP4 format for watching YouTube video on PSP.
- Install and run PSP Video Converter, load FLV video files downloaded from YouTube, then convert them into PSP MP4.
- After conversion finished, connect psp to pc using a usb cable go to psp select usb code. then open the memory stick on pc, you will see lots of files, make a new folder called "VIDEO" on "MP_ROOT" then copy your MP4 file to this folder, or you can use psp video manager that is builded in above PSP Video Converter, it can help yo transfer video music to psp directly.
Ok, all the work is finished. Now open your PSP and enjoy your converted YouTube video files on your PSP freely!
PSP( PlayStation Portable) was developed in the U.S. in 2005 by the Song Computer Entertainment Company. It soon became a highly desireble, portable and handheld wireless device for multiple entertainment purposes.
The PSP system allows users to view photos, listen to music, watch pre-recorded and live television, enjoy movies and backstage footage, access the Internet through a wireless connection, as well as the many free downloads available through the PlayStation website (wallpaper, movie trailers, screen shots, news & events).
As its name suggests, the PSP -- or PlayStation Portable -- is a smaller, lighter version of Sony's PlayStation. It's not as powerful as the PS2, but more powerful than the original PlayStation, and it has a built-in screen and speakers so you don't have to plug it in to anything to use it.