Office Tab is designed for adding tabs on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. It makes you easily open multiple documents within a single window, and use Tabbed Browsing for switching between documents.
Office Tab Series enables tabbed Browsing in Microsoft Office documents. Compatible with Office 2003, 2007 and 2010(include Word, Excel and PowerPoint). With this add-in, you can easily handle multiple documents within a single window, using tabs for switching sets of documents, just like browsing the web page with Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.
With Office Tab, the tab can display the whole document name on the tab bar no matter how long the document name it is. And you don't need clicking Save As to save document as another file, just use Rename to change the name of document.
By adding tabs to Word, Excel, PowerPoint with OfficeTab, you can:
- Open, read, edit and manage multiple documents in a tabbed window,;
- Switch between documents by using tabs;
- Use Favorite Group new feature to manage groups of documents;
- Easy to manage your documents, just like IE 8, Firefox and Google Chrome;
- Without filling your desktop with new, unorganized Office windows;
- Based on Microsoft Office Standard Add-in technology.
- Save all files in the tabbed window by one click.
- Open current document or workbook in new window.
- Open the relevant folder of current document.
- Close all files in the tabbed windows (a confirmation dialog box will appear when you choose to close all files).
- Close other files (exclude current file) in the tabbed windows.
- You can close a tab by double-clicking left button or clicking the middle mouse button once.
- You can create new document by double-clicking the left button on the blank space on the tab bar.
Why we add tabs to Word, Excel and PowerPoint?
Unlike Web browsers -- FireFox, Internet Explorer 8 or Chrome, Microsoft Office does not use a single window to hold multiple files for viewing and editing. Users can not see at a glance all opened documents they're working on, and it's not easy to switch between them. Office Tab solves the problem by putting tabs on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. With Office Tab, you can easily open multiple documents within a single window, and use Tabbed Browsing for switching between documents.
Adding tabs to Word, Excel, PowerPoint process:
Install OfficeTab and run it on your computer. As you can see from the image below, you have opened all the documents at hand, just click on the corresponding TAB to open, view and edit the file.
In practice you can make Office programs like Web browsers (firefox, explorer, chrome) that already have this useful feature.