Switch your BlackBerry to a new shiny iPhone 4? Wise choice. But how to transfer your Contact from your old BlackBerry to your new iPhone 4?
Here is sombody asks: Can anyone tell me how i can transfer my contacts from my BlackBerry Bold to my iPhone 4?
For transferring BlackBerry contacts to iPhone 3G or iPhone 4, on Windows system, with Outlook express installed. you need two steps:
Step1. Transfer contacts from the Blackberry address book to Outlook on your computer (or Windows Mail).
Step2. Sync your iPhone with your computer using iTunes, which will transfer the contacts from Outlook to your iPhone.
Before transferring BlackBerry contacts, you should make sure Blackberry Desktop Manager and iTunes have been installed on your computer.
If you want to convert and put DVD movie onto BlackBerry, here you can download a DVD Converter program to accomplish ripping DVD movies to BlackBerry format.
Part 1. Transfer BlackBerry contacts to Outlook
- Sync BlackBerry contacts
Connect Blackberry Blod to your computer with a usb data cable. Then run Blackberry Desktop Manager program and click "Synchronize" from the main menu screen. Select "Synchronization" below the Configuration menu option to get to the Synchronization Configuration screen.
- Make sync settings
Click the "Synchronization" button, you'll be asked to choose which device applications to synchronize. Choose "Address Book", and then choose "Outlook".
If you don't have Outlook on your system, you can choose "Windows Mail" instead.
- Select how you want your Address Book data to be synchronized between device and Microsoft Outlook. Either bi-directionally or just from your blackberry to Outlook.
Click "Next" and then "Finish" to complete the synchronization settings. This will take you back to the synchronization screen.
- Make sure you check the option to "Synchronize organizer data".
Then click "Synchronize" button to copy the contacts from your Blackberry to your Outlook contacts. You can open Outlook after the sync has completed, and you can see your Blackberry addresses in your Outlook contacts folder.
Part 2. Transfer contacts from Outlook to an iPhone
You can import Outlook contacts to your iPhone by syncing your iPhone with iTunes.
- Connect your new iPhone 4 with your computer, then iTunes will automatically launch(or you can run iTunes from the Start menu).
- Select your iPhone in iTunes, click Info tab, and then choose the checkboxes to sync your contacts. Choose Outlook as the application to sync with. Click Apply, then click Sync.
- This will copy the contacts from Outlook over to your iPhone.
Remember however, that you can only sync your iPhone with one computer at a time. If you later decide to sync with another computer, your contacts will be erased.
OK! Now transferring your BlackBerry contacts to iPhone has been finished. Simple and free operation, now you can to transfer your contacts to iPhoneand your Blackberry contacts will now be copied over to your iPhone.