As it is known, MOV is an apple format. However, many Mac users are still puzzled by one thing that some files with MOV file extension can't be imported into iMovie. That's possibly because your MOV files, which may be from different sources, such as from some video editing software, or from different cameras, have different codec inside. iMovie only allows you to import the MOV videos with codec that iMovie can recognize.
What codec in MOV enables you to import into iMovie? Don't worry. A professional QuickTime MOV Converter for Mac can do the great job even if you are not a pro. Just follow this step by step tutorial below to realize MOV to iMovie conversion.
- Support common video and audio formats:
MP4, avi, WMV, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MP3, M4A, WAV…
- Support most popular players:
video to iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, BlackBerry, Creative Zen, iRiver, Zune, Plam, Epson media players, any cell phone and many other video and audio player on Mac.
- Versatile Video Editing: movie trimming, video cropping and video effects like grey, emboss, and old film.
Customize Video Settings:
Various video and audio settings for you tweak together.
Support video aspect ratios such as 16:9, 4:3 and full screen.
- Free software upgraded and best e-mail technical support
Convert MOV video to iMovie supported formats:
- Free Download and Run convert mov to imovie Software
- Click Add Files to load MOV files for MOV to iMovie conversion on mac
- Click Profile drop down list to select output format
Select output format: MPEG-4 Movie (*mp4) for smaller size.
Select output format: DV format for best video quality.
- Click Button at the bottom of the window to Convert MOV video to iMovie files.
- Click Open on the bottom middle to find the converted MOV files.
- Import converted MOV movie into iMovie
Launch iMovie, go to file > import movies. Select the converted MOV video files then click import.
That’s it! Now you can edit or your videos in iMovie. Enjoy making your own movies!
iMovie 08, iMovie 09 Compatible formats:
- Movie File Type
- MPEG-2 and AVCHD
- DV-Standard and HDV (High Definition Video)
- QuickTime Movie
MOV to iMovie format Converter compatible with Lion, Snow Leopard, Mac os x 10.7, 10.6, 10.5, 10.4