What is AVCHD?
AVCHD is a new HD camcorder format and compressed by using the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 standard, which greatly compresses the video without losing much in the way of quality. It is designed to be compatible with Blu-ray Disc format and can be used for authoring and distribution of high definition video, though with reduced quality and interactivity compared to Blu-ray Disc.
As a Mac user, you may want to convert AVCHD(HD Camcorder videos) file to DVD on Mac and watch it on your HD TV or your Apple Mac. I think you need this AVCHD to DVD Converter for Mac program. It can convert AVCHD video to DVD on Mac, and also other HD videos like M2TS to DVD, MTS to DVD, TS to DVD, TP to DVD, and burn regular videos like FLV, AVI, WMV, MP4, 3GP, M4V, etc. to DVD on Mac.
Mac DVD Burner Key features:
1. Support burning various video to DVD including MTS, M2TS, TS, TP, TRP, AVI, MPG, MP4, MOV, 3GP, M4V, MKV, VOB, FLV, etc.
2. Video editing: Trim, Crop, Set Brightness/Contrast/Saturation, and Apple effects for videos.
3. Select the buil-tin templates of menu, frame, and button or write some text to customize your videos.
4. Support sorts of Disks: DVD–5 and DVD–9; DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL, DVD-RAM.
Step-by-step guide to convert and burn AVCHD file to DVD for Mac:.
- Download AVCHD to DVD Creator for Mac. Install and run it on your Apple Mac. The interface is as the follow:
- Import AVCHD files into the program
You can load the AVCHD video files you would like to burn to DVD by clicking "Add" button or just drag and drop the target files directly into the program.
- Edit AVCHD files
Highlight a AVCHD file and click “Edit” to enter the edit interface. You can crop, trim, adjust effects, add watermarks and rotate them; to slideshow files, you can set the transition effects, add text and background music to make them more personalized and eye-catching.
- Create DVD menuThis AVCHD to DVD Creator for Mac has dynamic templates resources built-in and allows you to create distinctive menus for your DVD.
- Burn AVCHD to DVD for Mac.
Click "Burn" button to come to the next window. You can directly burn AVCHD file to DVD Disc, or burn AVCHD to ISO file, DVD Folder (Video_TS) and DVDMedia file. Choose the right output option and set proper output parameters to start burning your files.